Clients Driving Change...
Legal OnRamp is a Collaboration system for in-house counsel and invited outside lawyers and third party service providers. There are lawyers participating from over 40 countries, and a rapidly growing collection of content and technology resources.
Basic services are free, so all members are expected to contribute to the community as a whole. If you are a law firm lawyer wishing to participate, please fill out the application questions in full, and specify what knowledge you would like to share with the Community.
By now, it's old news that law is in a pickle. But if you look at that dust cloud on the horizon, you’ll see the Deans' Cavalry riding to the rescue.
For some time we’ve been saying that the recent “disengagement” strategy of law schools, aspiring to be uber-departments of American Studies or Political Philosophy while writing law review articles for other l...
As calls for reform of legal education continue to suggest a variety of directions, one thing is certain. Law schools will be expected to do more with less. We often hear legal educators highlight tensions within the loud criticisms aimed at today’s law schools. Critics tell us that costs are too high compared to the expected earnings of many law school graduates. They are. Critics a...
Thanks to reader support of this discussion at the New Normal, I was asked to speak to the “Deans Workshop for ABA Approved Law Schools” on Feb. 15 in Arizona.
I've been asked specifically to discuss how chan...
I’ve been developing a theory for awhile about what the structure and composition of lawyers at a typical BigLaw firm may look like in future, and how it’s evolved already, and now that The New York Times has made it official that law school applications are...
Are you old enough to remember when the only way you could send a letter or a package to someone in another city was through the Post Office? Do you remember what it was like to deal with the employees and policies of a company that had a complete monopoly on a vital service? Remember how much you enjoyed that?
Are you also old enough to remember when the only way you could phone some...
Legal News and Features
- 5 celebrity lawsuits in the newsKobe Bryant feuds with his mother, Batman emerges victorious and more
- Airbnb apartment rental ruled illegal in NYCNew Yorkers hoping to rent out their apartments on Airbnb this summer may have to rethink their plans.
- ITC rules that Microsoft’s Xbox doesn’t infringe on Motorola Mobility patentThe International Trade Commission (ITC) found on Thursday that Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox gaming system does not violate a Motorola Mobility patent.
- Technology: The ugly side of social mediaSocial media has become a tangled web of personal and business communications. Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter originally contained personal matters, but now they have become a must-use vehicle for company public relations.
- N.J. bars busted for fake boozeMore than two dozen bars in New Jersey have been deceiving patrons in a nasty way.
- A primer on the keys to a complete cybersecurity incident response planWith the basic tools in your cyber toolbox and some explanation of how cyber-attacks are playing out, this final installment will discuss strategies to address today’s cybersecurity risks.
OnRamp Featured Jobs