Patrick Lamb | Monday June 23, 2014
I ran across an interesting article in Attorney at Work, Trends in Legal Pricing and Project Management. The article reported on the recent P3 Conference offered by the Legal Marketing Association. The three P’s are pricing, project Management and process improvement. Having just written a book that covers these...
Jordan Furlong | Thursday May 29, 2014
Okay, I admit: that was a pure linkbait headline. Not quite as bad as 17 Heartwarming Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity, but still, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to draw in people who might be thinking (hoping?) that I’d given up on innovation in the...
Bruce MacEwen | Sunday April 27, 2014
I recently wrote about the depressing prospects for graduates of all but the top ten or twenty law schools (Two Law Grad Markets). And yes, these were statistical generalizations, and the experience of specific individuals with particular skills and backgrounds will always be different, pro and con. But...
- In July, we talked about whether the change in law should be characterized as “Disruption, Eruption or Interruption?” This week, we drill down into…" class="slickTip" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">10 predictions about how IBM’s Watson will impact the legal profession
In July, we talked about whether the change in law should be characterized as “Disruption, Eruption or Interruption?” This week, we drill down into…
- Gerald Abila’s Barefoot Law helps Ugandans use smartphones to learn about their legal rights
Uganda’s legal system is based on English common law, but criminal defendants who can’t afford legal representation—and most can’t—aren’t appointed counsel unless they face a…
- Citizen Lab consists of…" class="slickTip" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Ronald Deibert’s ‘CSI of cyberspace’ exposes global injustice and promotes cybersecurity
Ronald Deibert likes to refer to the laboratory he directs as the CSI of cyberspace.
Much like TV’s CSI, the Citizen Lab consists of…
- ‘You can’t incarcerate away drug problems,’ says Ann Aiken, who proposed a tech tool for...
Ann Aiken has long been troubled by the number of new federal prison inmates being locked up for violating supervised release.
Each year between 8…
- Facebook Sues DLA, Milberg, Former NY AG Over Ceglia CaseThe lawsuit, filed by lawyers at Kellogg Huber, alleges that leading partners at DLA Piper, Milberg and other firms knew or should have known that Paul Ceglia forged the contract at the heart of his highly publicized ownership case against Facebook.
- Judge OKs Suit Against Former Yahoo Engineer for IP TheftMoFo's Richard Hung represents Yahoo in a dispute over an invention for placing targeted advertising.
- Bid for Pretrial Sanctions in Terror Case Is RebuffedPlaintiffs attempting to win sanctions and gain an advantage at an upcoming trial over terror attacks in Jerusalem have been rebuffed by Southern District Magistrate Judge Ronald Ellis, who said there was no proof to support allegations the PLO and the Palestinian Authority intentionally withheld documents.
- Citigroup Directors Prevail in Second LIBOR LawsuitFor the second time this year, a shareholder derivative case against Citigroup's directors that alleged they should be held personally liable for losses stemming from the bank's misstatement of LIBOR has been rejected by the Commercial Division.
- Cyber liability insurance at heart of new lawsuitAfter Chang’s filed its claim, Travelers stated that the restaurant does not have cyber liability coverage in the policy it purchased.
- Facebook files suit against legal representation of Paul CegliaClaims of owning a majority stake in one of the most popular social media platforms of all time are usually met with raised eyebrows, and unfortunately can also be met with some pretty serious legal retaliation against your lawyers
- Getting more bang for your IP buck, Pt 2Now, we’ll take a look at the role that outsourced services played in that initiative.
- Tips for attorneys when speaking with the news mediaJust remember possible damage to a company’s reputation has been considered the top strategic risk by executives.